Tuesday, 9 September 2014

AlexRocksxo | Travel Skincare Essentials








Skincare has become something of an obsession lately, all I seem to do is research new skincare and think about what I want to try next but as I am currently on holiday I just wanted to keep this weeks skincare down to the essentials with none of the add ons.
First of all look at this beautiful travel bag* - I received this from FTY & Co at the Bloggers Love Fashion Week (posts about the event are here & here) and I am in love with it. I love the colours & the geometric print - very trendy right now! What amazed me about the bag is that it is made entirely of bamboo! How cool is that? Anyway down to what is on the inside! Before I do anything I use a hand sanitiser to make sure there are no germs on my hands that I would be smearing onto my face (gross). To remove any makeup I use the Garnier Micellar Water - this is perfect at braking down light makeup which I tend to wear on a daily basis - I have to go in a few times when I wear heavier makeup to make sure it's all removed but other than that I have no complaints. I do really want to try out Bioderma but can't seem to find it in the UK - do any of you guys know where I can pick it up? To cleanse my skin I am using The Body Shop Tea Tree Creamy Cleanser. My skin seems to love Tea Tree products but as I do get some dry patches I tend to stay away from it - when The Body Shop released a cream cleaner that claimed to keep skin moisturised I was sold. It is minty and fresh feeling so is great for waking me up in the morning as well as using in the evening. To tone I go back to tea tree and use Tea Tree Water by Lush - a really refreshing toner infused with tea tree and it just seems to transform my skin. I have used other toners before but as soon as I go back to this my skin immediately improves. Sticking with Lush I use their Imperialis moisturiser. It is full of lavender which is really calming for skin and contains cocoa and shea butter so it is really moisturising without being greasy. I have been testing out the Exuviance Blemish Treatment Gelthis week and I am seeing nice results. It is a gel formula and I have been applying it to all the under the skin spots I'm getting at the moment ouch and seems to be reducing them pretty well. It contains salicylic acid which is said to help reduce blemishes and so far I am seeing pretty good results.  What are your skincare essentials? Let me know in the comments below! If you enjoyed this post go ahead and follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss any of my future posts! If you want to keep up to date with the world of AlexRocksxo be sure to follow me on all the usual sites. Links are below :-)
   
                             
                                                              Twitter / Flickr / BlogLovin / Tumblr / Instagram

                                              

4 comments :

  1. Great picks! I love the bag as well, the colours are so pretty :)

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices, I've recently started to use an Aloe gel with added Tea Tree Oil and it's a saviour for my skin!

    Sam
    http://sprksam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to try that out - my skin has gone crazy (again)

      Delete